Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ketchup Addiction


I think I have a ketchup addiction, among many other things. Every day I am served beans, tajadas (friend platanoes) and tortillas with a side of ketchup. Some people are sick of the food, but I love it, until we ran out of ketchup. For 2 days the food was bland...and I realized that I have a ketchup addiction.

Today Jimena told me with tears in her eyes that she is going to miss me so much when I go home and that a little piece of her heart is going to come with me in my pocket when I go. She has a new obsession with Liana (my 4 year old cousin in Rockford) after seeing her on video chat today. She can't believe that Liana likes to draw, color, run, ride bikes, and play with toys just like she does! She is sure that when she comes to visit me when she gets bigger that Liana is going to be her best friend! I showed her pictures of sand castles that Liana and I made together today and she said "But Alison, she isn't your little sister right?" and I said "Nope, she's my cousin" and she said "Oh Phew! I'm your only little sister then!" (A bit of jealousy going on :)

Also, Jimena wore pink leggings with a little jean skirt today, and when I saw her I said "Wow Jimena! You look SO cute today!" and she turned to her Mom and very dramatically said "Oh Mom! Why didn't you put this on me when Isaac was here?" I don't think I have ever laughed so hard, which made her put her hands on her hips and say "What?!"

I went to a Catholic Mass today with my Aunt and her Mom who is dying of cancer (she was given 2 months to live), and the Mom (Doña Teresa) wept during the church. It was a very sad but peaceful thing to see. I don't understand everything about catholicism, but there was also a teenage boy who wouldn't get off his knees in dedication to the Virgin Mary until his prayer request was granted. He crawled and knelt for 2 hours while sobbing his heart out, and his family stood around him supporting him and praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment