Thursday, November 25, 2010

21 more days and 21 more New Things

1. Jimena learned the secret of the middle finger. She whips it out ALL the time!
2. Garlic and Salt is not the same thing that you put on bread. It is Salt with a hint of Garlic. We ended up scraping the bread after it was all done because it was so salty!
3. We found Jimena's secret stash of letters to Isaac under the bed. All 59 of them neatly folded in little squares ready to be mailed....she hid them because she found out we were throwing them away!
4. The Internet went ka-put for a while...now it is just back to being picky.
5. The lukewarm showers turned to ice water.
6. The sunsets are prettier!
7. Whoever said November would be a cooler month is a lier!
8. My phone service has not failed to text message me every morning this month at 7 am, before I need to wake up.
9. Although I didn't think it was possible, Jenga is not fun anymore! It has worn itself out!
10. Jimena only has 3 more blank pages in MY notebook to "do homework" with me...I am going to have to be creative for these last few weeks! For some reason her notebook are definitely NOT as cool as mine!
11. The new Colombian TV show is called EL CAPO, and it is VERY intense.
12. Our favorite dancer won in a show similar to Dancing with the Stars, and my family pranked me into "talking" with the winners grandma, which was actually a recording. At least it was funny for them.
13. Spending the entire day in the back of a pickup truck is VERY fun until 2 days later.
14. The dogs.....enough said.
15. The walk to school was long in the beginning, short in the middle, and now every day it seems a bit longer.
16. Jimena just realized that my Mom and Isaac don't speak Spanish...she was devastated!
17. Andre (my brother) is on vacation until February (like our summer vacation). This means he has a LOT of free time on his hands that he fills with trying to scare me. The other day, I was walking up the stairs at 10:30pm after a long day, and he scared me so bad I almost ran all the way back down the stairs.
18. I went on an official ant hunt. I killed over 200 small ants (they are the only bug I kill), and woke up the next morning with the ants swarming my toothbrush. I then planted traps around my room, and when the long line of ants started coming from the ceiling, I plugged the holes. Still didn't work but it was pretty fun.
19. My hair is officially long again.
20. I know longer care when ants crawl out of my laptop, because I know they are burning inside.
21. I will miss my honduran family a lot, and I am praying for the right words to say when I have to leave, especially with Jimena. I did not expect it to be this hard.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment